Dpf cleaner spray

Kog

Go to solution Solved by Stevey Y,

Hi all new to this site I have a4 b7 2.0tdi cabriolet I have glow plug light blinking wich suggests problem with partial blockage on Dpf I was going to spray cleaner down exaust pressure sensor pipe but there are two pipes coming from this any idea wich pipe I use any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Kog said:

Hi all new to this site I have a4 b7 2.0tdi cabriolet I have glow plug light blinking wich suggests problem with partial blockage on Dpf I was going to spray cleaner down exaust pressure sensor pipe but there are two pipes coming from this any idea wich pipe I use any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance 

Hi like the term suggests, without a proper diagnostic scan you are guessing, it could be turbo over, boost, a glow plug, a drop in fuel rail pressure, MAFF/MAP failure, what leads you to the conclusion that its the DPF?.

Steve.

Hi catalyst symbol came up blinking then by time I got to garage stayed on so added some Dpf additive drove at high revs for 30 miles then cat symbol went off along with traction symbol now I’m just left with blinking glow plug light and after research and speaking to several mobile Dpf mechanics they suggest it needs cleaning so thought it might be worth a gamble at spraying some cleaning foam down wich ever pipe it is also change fuel filter to rule out cheapest first 

19 hours ago, Kog said:

Hi catalyst symbol came up blinking then by time I got to garage stayed on so added some Dpf additive drove at high revs for 30 miles then cat symbol went off along with traction symbol now I’m just left with blinking glow plug light and after research and speaking to several mobile Dpf mechanics they suggest it needs cleaning so thought it might be worth a gamble at spraying some cleaning foam down wich ever pipe it is also change fuel filter to rule out cheapest first 

Hi personally I would still get it scanned as both those lights really are separate entities as the cat symbol covers that alone and the glow plug light covers a multitude of sins and paying for a clean  that you dont need.

Steve.

Hi I managed to get hold on vag code reader will have a play later see what happens but thanks for reply 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fault code 01393 is only code I have googled it says brake pedal switch am I wright any help appreciated thanks 

Edited by Kog

21 hours ago, Kog said:

Fault code 01393 is only code I have googled it says brake pedal switch am I wright any help appreciated thanks 

Hi yes its the switch on the pedal, it could also be the brake light bulbs so check to see if working from the research I have done it appears the switch is a common failure.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thank you for reply I have cleaned and checked all bulbs working so will have to try replacing switch do you know if there is a link to a video and any recommendations as to were I purchase one thanks 

• Solution
7 hours ago, Kog said:

Thank you for reply I have cleaned and checked all bulbs working so will have to try replacing switch do you know if there is a link to a video and any recommendations as to were I purchase one thanks 

Hi go on a site called ZAP 7 and put in your VIN that should bring up a parts catalogue for your car, the part number is the key to getting the right part and YouTube is the best source of how to if you are unsure how to fit the part.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate sorry for late reply and thanks for above information I got new part fitted cleared codes took car for a run and now all lights are off rechecked to see if any codes and there isn’t any thanks for help much appreciated 

• Like 1