S3 Door Cards in an a3 - lights.

JDMtom

Evening All, 

So, I have a 2013 13 s-line 3 door. 

The previous owner wanted to make it look like an s3 though so I have things like full s3 seats and front s3 door cards. 

The door cards have the bang + olufson speaker covers with the light around, the emergency light on the edge and the puddle lights. 

I had the door card off the other day to fix a snapped bowden and noticed that I have the wiring on the door card that is used for these 3 different lights. However, there is nowhere for the plug to go. 

Is any one able to shed some light on how i can get these working ?

Thanks!

Welcome Tom and thanks for joining.

As you say, a previous owner has upgraded the door cards, and understandably you cannot plug the fancy lights into a suitable connection in the door casing - a bit like you buying an electrical appliance for a room in your house, but there isn’t a socket in that room. 
Cars are now generally built with harnesses to supply the equipment for that particular model grade, and understandably not to supply ‘ anything which may be part of a higher specification’. 
Way forward:- leave well alone, or try to get the corresponding plug from the upgraded model, and carryout the necessary harness connections and wiring to suit. You would of course need to know what you about with such things. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 6:58 AM, Magnet said:

Cars are now generally built with harnesses to supply the equipment for that particular model grade, 

Gareth. 

Is that true? Used to be that cars came with a harness with all plugs regardless if they were used or not. When did this change? I’m not doubting this is now the case and 
I suppose it makes economic sense just not the way it was !? 

Very little is still the way it was Ian. 
The OP joined and posted on the same day, and has not been heard of since! 
Yet another example of Post and Run.