my gearbox won't go into 1st and 2nd gear

Paul_N

I am new to this forum and have an Audi 2017 TDI and lately my gearbox won't go into 1st and 2nd gear.

If the car is not started the gearbox will shift to 1st and 2nd gear no problem and sometimes once I start I can select 1st and 2nd gear but quite often when at traffic lights or when parking the gearbox will not shift to 1st and 2nd gear so I can only move from 3rd gear.

Does anyone know what could be the issue.

Paul.

Assuming you refer to a manual gearbox, the most likely cause is a defective clutch. Is the "bite point" of the pedal approximately half way? Are there any signs of leakage at the master and slave cylinders? How old is the clutch in terms of mileage? Does the engine rev up more than expected under load?

1 hour ago, Paul_N said:

I am new to this forum and have an Audi 2017 TDI and lately my gearbox won't go into 1st and 2nd gear.

If the car is not started the gearbox will shift to 1st and 2nd gear no problem and sometimes once I start I can select 1st and 2nd gear but quite often when at traffic lights or when parking the gearbox will not shift to 1st and 2nd gear so I can only move from 3rd gear.

Does anyone know what could be the issue.

Hi its the clutch master cylinder probably loosing pressure, try bleeding it out, in fact bleed the whole braking system as well,

Steve,

• Like 1