2009 A3 8p turbo gone twice in a year

Hi I have a 2009 a3 2.0Td S line

Last year the turbo went on it, I spent 900 on replacement and now approx 5000miles later looking like it's gone again, I'm wondering if oil feed or something similar is a known problem With them? Any solutions? It's only done 125k and shouldn't be at end of life yet but don't fancy replacing it again for the same to happen. Many thanks in advance. 

Andy.

You're right, the turbo should last a lot longer than 5000 miles. Possibly the oil feed is not sufficient, though I would not know what to do about that. A question for you first: has the car or engine modified in any way for better performance?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It was indeed, before I got it. The dpf had been removed and wiped from system and remapped I think. Had a née dpf fitted last year at great expense and turbo went 2 weeks later.  Since making this post I bought an obd2 code reader which is coming back as an injector fault on cylinder 1,resistance too high or low, checked.with multimeter and all injectors show.very similar resistance values.

It's likely the remapping and other work is responsible for the turbo failures, in which case I can not help. Perhaps somebody more knowledgable will offer advice.

I bought the car and did nothing to it for 4yrs never missed a beat, failed mot on dpf, put new dpf on 2weeks later turbo went. I'm now not sure it is the turbo that's gone again. Bought a cheap obd2 code reader which gives a p2021 code I think it was (I'm at work and cannot check from here) which comes back as injector 1 has wrong resistance value, I checked all injectors yesterday with multimeter though and all have same resistance values. Checked loom, no leak to earth so don't know where to go now. Have a feeling the code reader isn't much good.... 

Some of the cheap code readers are worthless. Look through the recent forum posts for a recommendation from one of the Steves who knows more about the matter than me.