A3 2010 high pitched noise after giving it a blast

So the noise is on when light throttle, if giving it some beans it will go away and eventually come back, when there is no noise is drives fine, when the noise is there is clearly down on power

There are no codes, if i unplug the MAF there sound is gone and it drives perfect (but throws up a code), ive tried another MAF and its the same result, if i unplug the wastegate actuator the sound is gone but down on power and again throws up a code

The noise is coming from the back of the engine, around the middle where the turbo is

I've uploaded a quick clip of the noise

7 minutes ago, johnski said:

So the noise is on when light throttle, if giving it some beans it will go away and eventually come back, when there is no noise is drives fine, when the noise is there is clearly down on power

There are no codes, if i unplug the MAF there sound is gone and it drives perfect (but throws up a code), ive tried another MAF and its the same result, if i unplug the wastegate actuator the sound is gone but down on power and again throws up a code

The noise is coming from the back of the engine, around the middle where the turbo is

I've uploaded a quick clip of the noise

Hi it sounds like it may be a boost leak on one of the Turbo hoses, have a good look at them for oily residue it only takes a tiny hole to loose pressure and it whistles or hisses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnski said:

Thanks

Would it still be a leak if it runs fine with the MAF unplugged?

Hi probably, as the unplugged MAFF would be in default strategy as its not able to measure the airflow and the ECU would limit the amount of air coming in and form its own triage for combustion based on the info from the MAP and the air temp sensor in the throttle/ manifold housing, I am assuming its diesel.

Steve.

1 minute ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi probably, as the unplugged MAFF would be in default strategy as its not able to measure the airflow and the ECU would limit the amount of air coming in and form its own triage for combustion based on the info from the MAP and the air temp sensor in the throttle/ manifold housing, I am assuming its diesel.

Steve.

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention its a 2.0 TDI CFFB 

2 minutes ago, johnski said:

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention its a 2.0 TDI CFFB 

Hi as I said its with checking the turbo hoses, its most likely one of the ones from the turbo to the intercooler or the other side of the intercooler were it goes to the throttle body then are the hoses that get most of the cr@p from the PCV valve.

Steve.

• Like 1

so went out with my little smoke machine and got a least on the bottom hose at the turbo, it wasn't loose but there should be 2 torx bolts and i only have 1, removed it and it looks like I'm missing the o-ring/seal that goes inside, I am assuming there is a seal meant to be there as it does have a groove for 1.

Anyone know what that would be called and if its available on it own?

Pics attached

Thanks

IMG_20240726_093400.jpg

IMG_20240726_094550.jpg