No front sensors (73) A3 sport

Hello folks 

Newbie here after picking up my ex demo 73 plate A3 sport after  6 Seat Leons and most recently a Mk8 Golf R line which got traded for the A3. A3 is a stunning little car and the perfect engine (35 tfsi) i've had (3). The only thing that dissapoints is finding out some things i thought would have been standard - NO front sensors - No rear USB and NO pull down cup holder on rear seats.  Note to self check equipment list more thoroughly  - I just saw the car and wanted it due to looks price milage and obviousley being approved Audi. 

PS the front bumper appears to have the sensors in place, can these be added ?? 

Looking forward to a few years with this little beauty 😁

Kind regards  

LB

Edited by Loyalbear1872
typo

That's the thing with Audi, Yiu get less spec for your money compared to VW. Yep they can be retrofitted I'd recommend speaking to autologics or Audi retrofits 

• Like 1

Good morning David,

Welcome, and good to hear about the new car. 
Re. front sensors:- I find it strange that Audi have gone to the expense of fitting sensors (rather than say blanks) into a front bumper, if it wasn’t built with front sensors - Audi want to extract c£120 out of our wallets if we want to buy one sensor off the shelf. 
If it were mine, I would be checking the build record from the VIN ( dealer Parts Dept. should help via. a visit rather than a phone call). It’s worth keeping in mind that even if a Sport is not normally equipped with them, it’s alway possible that they were specified with them at the build. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1