Suspension parts source Wiesbaden, Germanyu

AndyTee

Hi team

I’m in Germany for just a couple of days and wonder if someone can point me in the direction of a supplier for upper and lower control arms, and also lower suspension guide bushes, and transmission mount for our 2014 SQ5.

OEM is easy, but wonder if I can get aftermarket anywhere nearby over the next couple of days.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for joining. Not sure how many members we have in Germany. 
Based on information of a couple of decades ago, aftermarket parts availability was restrictive - unlike here in the U.K. - and Australia? Owners were therefore pushed to having to buy parts direct from main dealers. Now…? 
Sorry for being pessimistic, but your chances of getting leads from here within a couple of days maybe slim. Let’s hope I’m wrong. 
Can we take it you have searched eBay - ? 
Perhaps you could let us know.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

G’day Gareth

Thanks for your reply. After speaking initially to an auto shop locally here in Wiesbaden, and then a supplier out of the US, I was able to uncover a trove of parts and subsequently ordered and have had shipped what I require. As I now understand it, there are numerous suppliers of the OE stuff to the likes of Audi, and these parts are also available ‘unbranded’ in the aftermarket space (at a fraction of the price etc). Shout out to the guys at FCP Euro who were able to assist with part number IDs etc, and the also the team here;

https://www.autoteiledirekt.de

Assuming my package now arrives on schedule (for about 20EUR), I’ll be a happy man.

Thanks again for getting back to me. Please do now consider my ‘query’ resolved.

Have a great day.

🙂

A