Audi a6 quattro coolant system leak

Hi guys, I have a audi a6 3 litre quattro tdi. Seem to have a split pipe leaking coolant/fluid. Been identified but its at the back of the engine bay and seems to be where a rubber pipe connects to a metal pipe which then follows towards the gearbox under the dash. Wondering if anyone can help as to what pipe it maybe so I can order it rather than a garage completely stripping it all out. Thanks 

1 hour ago, mcmahon1975 said:

Hi guys, I have a audi a6 3 litre quattro tdi. Seem to have a split pipe leaking coolant/fluid. Been identified but its at the back of the engine bay and seems to be where a rubber pipe connects to a metal pipe which then follows towards the gearbox under the dash. Wondering if anyone can help as to what pipe it maybe so I can order it rather than a garage completely stripping it all out. Thanks 

Hi if you can post a picture that would help rather than trying to guess which one from a multitude of coolant pipes in that area.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If it's going towards the gearbox then it could be the gearbox oil cooler line - I had a 3l V6 touareg which developed a leak on the high pressure line due to different metals eroding each other.

Try googling audi a6 automatic gearbox oil cooler line - I think 2007 was a C6

• Like 1

Thanks I will search that up now, though it is the line exiting the top of the coolant reservoir in the picture, I will have a closer inspection when I get home.