Front suspension question

Dave8819

Hi guys so my car has developed a knock well I say developed it was there when I bought the car (But its become even louder after my drive to Southampton and back again to Belfast). So I had the car at the mechanic this morning to have a look. I had a look at it in one of the services myself and could nearly see some movement but definitely feel a click/knock noise the strut mount housing. So while it was in the ramps this morning we noticed that one of the anti roll bar drop links isnt sitting right and is about 10mm closer to the roll bar than the other one so we are going to stick a set of new ones on as I'm aware they do give bother. We ere also going to stick in a new set of shocks (as I think they are original ones on the car which is at 170k miles atm) as the driver side seems to have more play in it than thr driver side. So while we are at it I'm putting new springs in and new top mounts which is where I'm scratching my head. 

So the front top mounts I've been down to try to order them along with thr other parts but is their a separate bearing for the top mount or is it part of thr housing? The motor factor only lists the rubber mount for them and said to try thr likes of euro parts etc but I can't find any info relating to the top mount bearings? Most if the adds show thr rubber mount and describe it with out bearing. So any help on this would be appreciated guys.

Give Parts in Motion ( Exeter) a ring and talk it through with them. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.