Rear suspension.

Hi there everyone. 

Just p/exxed a c350 2010 cdi for an A6Allroad 3.0tdi 2011.

Been after one for a while but finally got one. I've had a couple of A8 s and aware of some issues with the suspension problems but overall, the excellent ride is worth the perseverance. 

First morning I went to work and after finishing 9 hours later I came out to see the rear down, both sides but the front still up. After start up it went up no problem. Next morning the same thing. However, at work I parked on the path with right front and rear wheels on the kerb and when shift finished, the rear suspension both sides was up as normal and just fine. 

I suspect a leak somewhere in the airline supplying from the front to the rear where it splits to feed both rears but I'd be grateful for any further advice before setting out with my spray foam can. 

BTW, nothing coming up on the dash regarding compressor issues. 

Thanks Renato 

Hello Renato,

Could be a leak/s, could be level sensors - etc. 

Whatever it turns out to be, your best source of experience will be ‘bagpipingAndy’ on eBay
He has been manufacturing and supplying parts for air suspensions for years. 
Please keep us informed on how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Thanks Gareth but,, the next day I took it to work and parked on the path. End of shift everything as it should.. The day after and up to now 18th everything still up as normal.. 

No idea what happened few days ago but everything being left as is. 

Thanks Renato Newcastle 

• Like 1

It's done it again, last night I left the car parked on level ground and this morning the rear suspension was still at its normal height. Went to the shops, came back, parked up and now starting to go down.. 

Hi there everyone. Since I have wd, d the rear sensors, both sides of rear suspension staying up.. Hope that's cured the problem. 

Thanks Renato 

27 minutes ago, Renato Rea said:

Since I have wd, d the rear sensors,

Renato.

If "wd, d" means WD40 you would be better served by an ordinary mineral oil. WD40 is evil muck that dries to a sticky gummy coating that could make the problem worse.

For those who do not know, WD40 is the 40th water displacement formulation that was tested in the search for a coating that would protect steel against rust. It serves that purpose very well but it is not, and was never intended to be, a lubricant.

Thanks for the advice and if it stays working I'll go for something more permanent, even spray grease. 

Thanks Renato