Upgrading headlights.

GlenQ7

hi all, i’ve just purchased a 2007 Q7. 
love the car it’s tight as a drum.

im looking to upgrade the headlights to make it look a tad fresher and newer☺️

Any ideas?

cheers

Glen

To change the lights over to the newer led ones is fairly straight forward from memory but the cost can soon add up as there are quite a few parts needed that you might not realise. The headlight buckets are different and need to be changed otherwise the headlights don’t fit, if your car is an s line then it will have adaptive headlights and with the led headlights there are two types bi xenon and tri xenon. If you fit bi xenon then you will get an error message on the dash display to say adaptive headlight fault and the a flashing bulb symbol that will stay on all the time. You can remove it by coding the adaptive lights out using vcds but you need a fairly recent version and somebody that knows what they are doing to find it. You will also need to get headlight adapter harnesses as the original plugs aren’t the same (can’t remember if the plugs are the same but the pins are different or if something needs to be done for the led indicators lower down). The rear led lights need an adapter wiring harness and coding in vcds. Sorry there’s probably a few bits that I’ve missed but I and some friends did it to our cars years ago and can’t really remember. It’s not something that’s really done that much now as the pre facelift cars have dropped in value and the newer lights etc are still up at silly prices 2nd hand so 2 grand isn’t an unrealistic figure to buy all the bits needed.

• Like 2