Hi guys newbie here, need help to figure out a part.

Johnnyh

Hi guys, I have a 2006 a4 avant quattro 3 litre diesel, I have owned the car for the last 2 years. It has now got a coolant leak and need to order the part for my mechanic to fit it, I just can't seem to find it as I am not 100% sure what the part is. It is located on the drivers side at the bottom of the engine and seems to be attached to the inside of the body of the car by a little bracket, I have been told its part of the heater matrix but again not 100% sure. It's the metal pipe that comes from the elbow that is leaking in the pictures, I am new to forums but I will do my best to get back to you all, cheers. 

Messenger_creation_13213a37-e931-4b37-8ab9-ed263ddd0e48.jpeg

Messenger_creation_4ccbd708-27ae-450e-9268-4e160d40717d.jpeg

Welcome Jonathan, 

Try LLL Parts website. They may well have an exploded view of it - with its part no. 
May well be a dealer only part, so why not try there first? At least you will then be armed with what it is called, even if they won’t give you a part number. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks for the reply, I will try the website now, I have been in touch with audi but had no help from them, not even a name of the part. I will keep trying and see how I get on. Thank you. 

Thanks for coming back Jonathan, but sorry to hear you din’t get very far at your dealer.

Did you actually visit them, armed with your photo and VIN, or did you make a telephone or perhaps an e-mail contact? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Not a problem, I spoke to them on the phone and explained what I could, they told me to email them with a few pictures, so I did that, and they are not sure. I am in contact with LLL parts, which asked for the vin, so hopefully I can finally get somewhere. Thank you. 

• Like 2