will 2.0 tdi 170bhp pressure plate fit the 140bhp

siemon

Go to solution Solved by siemon,

Hi all. First post, so not that geared up on all the codes etc. Just acquired a 2006 A4 2.0 tdi 140bhp convertible B7 8HE engine code BPW,  Gearbox code HCF6  .

The clutch needs changing asap and will probably have a remap in the  future  hopefully in the 200bhp range. Due to this I have been cross referencing part numbers for days but not worked out all the puzzle. Can anyone tell me if you can use the pressure plate off the 170bhp model on the 140bhp. All I have found is that the dmf , clutch disc and bearings match between the 2. hoping that the difference is the clamping force on the pressure plate. But I am not sure if there might be any dimensional differences which would make it not work.

The model i used as a cross ref was :Audi A4 2006 Saloon 2.0 TDI, FWD B7 8EC 1968cc 125KW 170HP engine code BRD

Could anyone tell me if the pressure plate is a straight swap or what else will work. I was going to get the full kit for the 170 if so as only the PP as a different part Nu.

thanks in advance

Sie

Welcome Simon and thanks for joining. 
Can you let us know what brands you have been cross referencing for your clutch parts - hopefully LUK / schacs -? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Solution

Hi, Thanks. they were LUK, sachs and valeo. Went for just the 140 luk version in the end just incase there were any physical differences inside the bellhousing as i unfortunately don't now anything about audi engines or gearboxes yet. But at a guess would think boxes are the same other than possible ratios being as there is only a 30bhp difference.

• Like 1