2015 Q3 SE model near side headlamp

Jim1972

Hi all and thank you for allowing me to join the forum, Wifey is the proud owner of a Q3 and myself an A4. Both superb vehicles.

just after a little advice to possibly save me a few quid please

Now the Q3 DRL went dim so I replaced the module but the section where the led touches the light diffuser has burnt in all 3 places. So the replacement module hasn’t cured it. I am thinking complete new headlamp. Which I can do myself, just wondering if it is a straight plug in an play unit without having to plug into the obd special software. 

none available anywhere as second hand so have an thinking a new one from Euro Parts at £530 ish

any help most appreciated 

thank you

Jim

hi jim,yes its a simple plug in and play,i recently replaced headlight on my a5,it was 720 euro,theyre not a cheap unit.Greg

a tip is to remove the wheel and wheel arch lining on the side you are doing and loosen the wing around the headlight,it doesnt take too long and its well worth doing it to avoid scratching the new headlight

• 3 weeks later...

Well I managed to get a new headlamp from Euro parts and there was 20% sale on last weekend. Was £415. TYC brand. Carried out the job today, all went well reused the bulbs and the xenon d5s bulb.

The hardest bits were the indicator bulb which just wouldn’t come out and the fog lamp was mega tight. The new connector looked nothing like the old one, new one far less bulky but fitted eventually.

Put all back together and to my surprise it all worked !!

am dead chuffed with myself 

• Like 2