Auto start stop issue

Russ1308

Hi 

I recently bought a 67 plate Q3 and the auto start stop doesn’t work - I have disconnected the battery for a few minutes and re connected and still have the same issue - it seems to try to activate but shows crossed out 

any advice welcome 

Russell.

The prime candidate is a weak or defective battery. I suggest you get the battery professionally tested before looking for other causes of the fault.

8 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Russell.

The prime candidate is a weak or defective battery. I suggest you get the battery professionally tested before looking for other causes of the fault.

Thank you mate for the quick reply 

Hello Russel,

‘…….recently bought ..’ might hold a clue. Probably been sitting around on a sales site for some time, and now needs some regular use to bring the battery up to its best. 
If it were mine, I would be running around in it for a couple of weeks and see if it then starts working.

But there again, if indeed it were mine, I would be hoping it remains dormant. S/s is the most engineering averse system to ‘sell’ to the poor unsuspected motoring population. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 minute ago, Magnet said:

Hello Russel,

‘…….recently bought ..’ might hold a clue. Probably been sitting around on a sales site for some time, and now needs some regular use to bring the battery up to its best. 
If it were mine, I would be running around in it for a couple of weeks and see if it then starts working.

But there again, if indeed it were mine, I would be hoping it remains dormant. S/s is the most engineering averse system to ‘sell’ to the poor unsuspected motoring population. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

4 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Russell.

Thank you mate for the quick reply 

2 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Russel,

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth - I have done a couple of runs up to Manchester 400 round trip so looking like a battery issue 

• Like 2

Many thanks for coming back Russell,

As Cliff says then. 
I think I would still get the battery efficiency checked rather than just renewing it. Halfords shops will do that. Well worth checking in case someone has succeeded in by passing the abominable s/s system by some means! 

If it is below par, I always ‘invest’ in a good make replacement. I’ve recently been using Exide Premium batteries bought from Tayna Batteries ( mail order) at competitive prices - no connection and there are numerous other suppliers. Not sure if VAG are still using Varta/Bosch, so that would be another alternative if so. 
Perhaps you could could keep us updated Russell. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.