B7 3.0 TDi Avant manual - value?

Reycol

Guys I am thinking of selling our family owned (since 2008) 55 plate 3.0 tdi quattro avant with manual gearbox & leather interior & bose sound. It has had a new clutch, alternator and glow plugs within the last 10k. The car has done just over 100k.

I would just like a realistic idea of it's value before I decide whetwr to sell it or not?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Terry, 

You best guide will be to search Autotrader for similar models. You could also get some valuation on- line from Parkers, but don’t expect to achieve values that dealers advertise at, since you will not be offering, finance, guarantees, and part exchange facilities. 
I may be worth keeping in mind that it’s not all about price, but important consideration would be desirability - I.e. you have to find someone who actually wants to buy one at a time when sales seem to have slowed down considerably. 

Thanks Gareth, I have looked and couldn't find an equivalent car, hence the question.

I was told by an Audi enthusiast at the MOT centre a few years ago it was pretty rare to find a 3.0 TDi manual, but I have no clue.

2 hours ago, Reycol said:

I was told by an Audi enthusiast at the MOT centre a few years ago it was pretty rare to find a 3.0 TDi manual, but I have no clue.

That may well be so, but rarity does not equate to expensive. It still needs somebody who wants that particular model of 18 year old car, and I imagine such buyers are thin on the ground.

I suggest you look at the likes of Autotrader etc. Be prepared for the shock of discovering how little your car is valued at on the open market.

Many thanks Terry,

Did you try Parkers guide valuation (if still operating)?
It is likely to be a ‘paid for’ service with a  nominal charge, but should provide you with a mileage adjustment valuation. They used to be specific, and give you alternative prices for buying from a dealer, selling privately, and expected parts exchange valuations. 
Alternative would be to list it on eBay and see how it runs. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Many thanks Terry,

Did you try Parkers guide valuation (if still operating)?
It is likely to be a ‘paid for’ service with a  nominal charge, but should provide you with a mileage adjustment valuation. They used to be specific, and give you alternative prices for buying from a dealer, selling privately, and expected parts exchange valuations. 
Alternative would be to list it on EBay and see how it runs. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth, it's been such a good car, think I will just keep it

• Like 1