Rear seat drinks holders!!??

Caoimhín

Hi folks

Thanks for all your help thus far, but I'm back looking for more bits & pieces of your knowledge!

For some reason, when I pull down the armrest at the middle of the back seat and looked for drinks holders (in a vain effort to stop the kids dropping their drinks) there were none there. I've checked around other parts of the back seats and doors etc but nothing, so I must have bought a model which either didn't have them or they were deleted by the first owner when ordering (A6 C7 2.0 TDI Avant SE executive). I have noticed that there are retro-fit kits for drinks holders on Amazon (among other places). Has anyone bought any of these? If so, which ones did you buy, and how have they worked out? (E.g. easy to fit, holds drinks well,  o shaking and/or spillage etc)?

Thanks for reading my post again, and I look forward to you imparting your impressive knowledge once more.

Thanks 

Caoimhín 

Hi Tony 

Yes...I checked every part of it. I was pi$$ed off too, cause I thought for sure they'd be there, or even in the back of the centre console, but nothing...that's why I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the retro fit items on Amazon or elsewhere?

Thanks for the reply all the same. Much appreciated.

Take care 

Caoimhín 

Hi Caoimhin

I seem to have the polar opposite to you. My E-Tron GT has rear seat cup holders set in the armrest and I hate them. I think it detracts from the supposedly luxury inside of the car. I can't see any rear seat passengers wanting to rest their arm on hard plastic for any length of time. I am having a leather cover made to fit over the armrest to hide them from site.

Tony

Hi Tony

The ones I had in previous cars (and ones in other A6's) have padded arm rests and the cup holders pop out from inside...do they aren't visible or an external part in the armrest, they're tucked away inside. You literally press the end of the armrest and they pop out. Then when the drinks are done, they are hidden away by pushing them back in. I've attached the sort of device I have seen on Amazon, which are about £150 less than an original Audi part. I would hate to have plastic on top of an armrest when it was lowered, which is why I'm looking to see if anyone retrofitted these things....but having spilled soda from the kids is a pain in the rear (seat) and means having to repeatedly clean the leather and having to treat it etc. which costs a small fortune. If this worked it would help a fair bit.

Screenshot_2024-08-30-13-51-20-27_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpg

Hi Kevin

I am a little disappointed with some of the trim on the E-Tron. My A6 had covers over the trinket boxes and the hidden cup holders.

Still, you can't have every thing in this world. 

Tony

I know the feeling...but ye can always try!! lol.

I might just spend the money and give it a go. There are videos on installation on YouTube, but just wondered if anyone could recommend a particular brand or device they purchased and how well they worked etc.

Take care.

Ta

Caoimhín 

Cutting to the case Kevin, and solving your issue at zero cost - ban the children from drinking in the car - not too much of an ask -? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

4 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Great minds think almost alike Gareth. I was about to suggest putting the kids in the boot: no mess, no noise, no cost.

Love the boot idea...but the dogs would hate it...and they'd likely chew the back seat given a chance. £30+ is a small price to pay (for something Audi should have done already!!)

Children/ drinks in car/ mess in car??

Seriously, are they not able to get enough fluid inside them before they get in the car then, and how unreasonable is it to say to them - Thou shall not drink in the car - right - got it? You can drink whatever you want once you are out of the car. 
Thimple! as out little standy up beings would say! 

13 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Children/ drinks in car/ mess in car??

Seriously, are they not able to get enough fluid inside them before they get in the car then, and how unreasonable is it to say to them - Thou shall not drink in the car - right - got it? You can drink whatever you want once you are out of the car. 
Thimple! as out little standy up beings would say! 

When you are as outnumbered as me, and downtrodden to boot, you just do anything for a happy, simple life. I am the only male with a wife, two girls, and even my digs are female. I'm all about the 'easy' life. I'd also like the car to have the car to have the drinks containers, as I haven't owned a car without them in about twenty years....and back then I had no kids, but the holders came in handy for going to football matches up and down the country.

17 hours ago, Caoimhín said:

When you are as outnumbered as me, and downtrodden to boot, you just do anything for a happy, simple life. I am the only male with a wife, two girls, and even my digs are female.

I sympathise, but solving that problem is beyond the scope of this forum.

Just kidding.

I came across a similar post on the VAG forum posted about 7-8 years ago. Apparently it was an optional Extra for drinks holders in the rear of the A6 C7 costing up to £800 (according to one of the posters). They were able to supply some addresses and sites to check out options,  but many are out of date or in German, and even with Google translate, it was difficult to find the items needed. In the end I have ordered the parts and hope a bit of DIY will sort it out, otherwise I'll just have to buy a Bentley or send the wife and kids by bus while I drive!! 😂 

• Like 1