8P both front and rear wipers not working

Hey im a brand new user and i just created the account. I've been trying to wrap my head around this issue I've been having. Multiple issues unfortunately. 

My wipers, front and rear alongside the horn aren't working and the airbag sign is on. 

I'd like to solve the issue myself so if anyone can offer some advice or resources (tutorials, tips, etc) I'd be very grateful. If you want/need additional information or photos feel free to request or PM me and I'll provide. If i broke any rules or something similar let me know and I'll correct the post.

Thanks in advance.

We like to believe we are corresponding with real people, and real people have real names. So please amend your forum name with something plausible, and then tell us more about the condition of the car. Mileage, service history, fuel, engine size help to identify possible causes of the faults you have.

16 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

We like to believe we are corresponding with real people, and real people have real names. So please amend your forum name with something plausible, and then tell us more about the condition of the car. Mileage, service history, fuel, engine size help to identify possible causes of the faults you have.

I'm a real person I'm just vary of giving my real name online, sorry. As for the service history it was serviced regularly (according to the previous owner) and i have not had any issues. It's 2.0 tdi and it has 365,000 kilometers on it. 

Thanks whoever you are, and although the forum is very welcoming to new members, I am as wary of dealing with so called un-named persons, as you are about giving your name, so regrettably - impass - and I wish you well in getting your issues sorted.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

9 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks whoever you are, and although the forum is very welcoming to new members, I am as wary of dealing with so called un-named persons, as you are about giving your name, so regrettably - impass - and I wish you well in getting your issues sorted.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Alright i understand,

I have put in my first name. Thanks

Thank you Mario.

Can I assume from the little you have told us about the car that you have only recently bought it, and do not have the full service history in writing?

Regards, Cliff.

6 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Thank you Mario.

Can I assume from the little you have told us about the car that you have only recently bought it, and do not have the full service history in writing?

Regards, Cliff.

Yes, i bought it about a month and a half ago and don't have the full history. 

In the absence of a service history everything becomes suspect, from battery to ECU to damaged wiring. I suggest you get it tested professionally, because we could be here for weeks trying to locate the problem with endless questions before coming up with a solution.

• Like 1

Just now, cliffcoggin said:

In the absence of a service history everything becomes suspect, from battery to ECU to damaged wiring. I suggest you get it tested professionally, because we could be here for weeks trying to locate the problem with endless questions before coming up with a solution.

Thank you! By professional you mean a car electrician? I'll have it tested then post back the results.

Thanks Mario,

I take it you know the bonnet has to be fully closed for the (front anyway) wipers to work? 
I bonnet is fully closed, check you don’t have a ‘Bonnet open’ dashboard warning light showing - indication a faulty switch. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2024 at 10:41 AM, Magnet said:

Thanks Mario,

I take it you know the bonnet has to be fully closed for the (front anyway) wipers to work? 
I bonnet is fully closed, check you don’t have a ‘Bonnet open’ dashboard warning light showing - indication a faulty switch. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hey Gareth,

It's been a while since i posted and i took the car for diagnostics, there was a slew of errors and a lot of them involved errors in the power. The electrician doing the diagnostics deleted the errors and told me to drive it for a day or two or come back. He also implied 2 additional things, that all the different lights (non factory) the previous owner set up could cause power issues and that i might have gotten scammed on the purchase and i should get rid of it at a loss because it might be cheaper.