E-Tron Gt Bonnet

Anton8

Hi

The under side of the GT's bonnet is not insulated. But there are 4 threaded screw holes strategically placed in a square for something. Is mine missing the insulation that should be there?

Tony

2 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

The under side of the GT's bonnet is not insulated. But there are 4 threaded screw holes strategically placed in a square for something. Is mine missing the insulation that should be there?

Tony

Hi I doubt it as the insulation would only be fitted in the event it was made as a hybrid, the electrics beneath definitely dont produce the kind of heat to warrant that.

Steve.

Hi Steve

I wasn't thinking of heat dissipation as the motors and battery have a sealed for life cooling system, it was more for noise deadening as the bonnet seem a bit tinny.

Tony

1 hour ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

I wasn't thinking of heat dissipation as the motors and battery have a sealed for life cooling system, it was more for noise deadening as the bonnet seem a bit tinny.

Tony

Hi believe me when I tell you if the insulation is not there its nothing to do with noise thats why it has pressed steel inserts to stop it drumming, if  you look at it logically the only real reason for insulation on the underside its to dissipate heat and stop the aforementioned heat from terminating the undercoat and causing the clear coat on top of the bonnet from peeling, basic physics are that even when cured if you heat any paint it gases and bubbles, ever watched what a heat gun does to paint.

Steve.