Xenon headlights

Hammie1982

One of my headlights has an intermittent fault.  (think the buld is on its way out) it goes pink for a day or two and then rights itself again.

Wondering is there any upgrade to them or is a replacement with like for like a better option?

I know these are available(https://autoleduk.co.uk/Xenon-to-LED-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-p605072955), but i dont know anyone that has tried them.  If its a like for like replacement, what do you like in the colour range?  I was thinking maybe a slight blue tinge as it helps to define the verge line on narrower roads Maybe along the 8k range?  Any cons or reasons why 8k is a bad idea?

xenon-hid-color-temerature-chart-table.png

4 hours ago, Hammie1982 said:

One of my headlights has an intermittent fault.  (think the buld is on its way out) it goes pink for a day or two and then rights itself again.

It may be a poor connection at the bulb or a plug. It would be worth having a look before spending money on new lights.

Just now, cliffcoggin said:

It may be a poor connection at the bulb or a plug. It would be worth having a look before spending money on new lights.

Clifford,
Thanks for the reply.  Ive taken the connectors off and given them a good clean, ive checked all grounds and everything else i can think of before considering replacement bulbs.

I checked the price of bulbs from Audi and they quoted me something ridiculous like €150 per bulb.  

2 hours ago, Hammie1982 said:

Clifford,
Thanks for the reply.  Ive taken the connectors off and given them a good clean, ive checked all grounds and everything else i can think of before considering replacement bulbs.

I checked the price of bulbs from Audi and they quoted me something ridiculous like €150 per bulb.  

Hi they will be D3s or D1s either way the best upgrade is 6000k  the blue tinged ones will not give any better vision and will only attract unwanted attention from the local Garda.

Steve.