Brake servo vacuum hose

Rybrook

Hi

As the title really, I have a split on the hard line at the joint between the inlet manifold joins the bulkhead, had all sorts of lumpy idle problems.

I bodged it with a silicone coupler from my nitro rc car exhaust, no more lumpy idle.

Are the any issues with using a straight rubber brake hose rather than the brittle plastic one?

Something like this

https://www.wrightsautosupplies.co.uk/product/brake-servo-hose/

Cheers

It will depend how thick the wall thickness of the new hose is. Vacuum hoses have either more rigid reinforcement than pressure hoses, or thicker walls, because it is easier for a hose to resist internal pressure than external pressure.

Edited by cliffcoggin
correction

Yes, the hose I have linked to is the type that is usually on the servo press fit elbow.

I just want to eliminate the hard line.

2 minutes ago, Rybrook said:

Yes, the hose I have linked to is the type that is usually on the servo press fit elbow.

I just want to eliminate the hard line.

Hi as long as the hose is armoured it should be fine, brake hose is ideal as it only expands under extreme pressure which you are never likely to get from servo air.

Steve.