Audi q7 2012 p0721 and p072a help no drive

yaza01

Hi guys help needed please don't know where to start.

Car lost drive had a scanner put on and it comes with p0721 output sensor and p072a stuck in neutral 

When I select R or D there is no load like there's no engagement of the torque converter,

Has anyone else had this situation happen to them and if so how did you rectify the problem  

Cheers all help appreciated 

20 hours ago, yaza01 said:

Hi guys help needed please don't know where to start.

Car lost drive had a scanner put on and it comes with p0721 output sensor and p072a stuck in neutral 

When I select R or D there is no load like there's no engagement of the torque converter,

Has anyone else had this situation happen to them and if so how did you rectify the problem  

Cheers all help appreciated 

HI would suggest its the gearstick position sensor in the center console.

Steve.

29 minutes ago, yaza01 said:

Cheers any way to check that it is faulty any test I can do?

Hi asked my friend who runs my local garage and he said it could be the OSS sensor at the back of the gearbox this can be damaged wiring or corroded pins where the plug goes on to it, he also mentioned that total failure is normally accompanied by an engine management light and apparently in some cases with no light on just changing the gearbox oil has cured it.

Steve.

Hi had a look at the plug today the side going in to the neutral switch looks fine but the side that goes in to the cars body looks very bad on oneside, is there anyway to remove the plug and replace it

20240911_132020.jpg

20240911_132052.jpg

4 hours ago, yaza01 said:

Hi had a look at the plug today the side going in to the neutral switch looks fine but the side that goes in to the cars body looks very bad on oneside, is there anyway to remove the plug and replace it

20240911_132020.jpg

20240911_132052.jpg

Hi it my well be available as a repair kit online but will require some soldering but only cut one wire at a time and older to the respective station on the new plug, if your not comfortable doing this get an auto electrician to do the job, this is a standard plug used on a lot of different cars.

Steve.

Update:

Changed oil and filter for the box and when I started car to get the temp after 30mins temp only reached 25deg that's with me revving and going through gears,

I have a feeling the oil pump has gone on it, as I feel it's not being pumped around the gearbox.