Q4 e-tron - Speedo & TPSM issue

Ian Rash

I had an issue with my Audi Q4 e-tron 210kW 45 82kWh Sport (2024) last week

The TPSM error appeared on my dash, my speedo stopped working & my audible seatbelt sound stopped sounding.

I reset the car settings back to factory but made no difference.

As it was late at night, Audi sent a generic AA engineer who said the car was too new to diagnose issue on. He suggested a software update maybe required from the dealer.

I was in London, nearest dealer was in Brentford but lived in the Midlands. He suggested I drove the 130 miles back home using the Waze apps to track my speed as the tyre pressures etc were otherwise fine.

When I got back home and restarted the car back in the morning to head to the dealer, typically everything started to work again.

The dealer had the car for a week & found no faults apart from a "passive" issue which was of no significance & have advised that I drive the car & see how I get on.

The response gave me no confidence & am reluctant to drive the car a long distance.

Has anybody else experienced this & have any suggestions that I can share with my Sytner dealer?

A "passive" issue? That's just the sort of explanation that explains nothing. My guess is that the dealer has no idea what was wrong. However it is good that you took it back as the dealer has presumably recorded the event, so if it happens again soon you have good reason to reject the car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1