Esp fault , steering light on

Dan8p

Hi I have a 2006 Audi s3 8p and have a esp fault and steering wheel light on , this has only come on since changing the osr ABS sensor , it comes up with steering angle sensor which I have replaced , I have performed the rest to no avail , I keep seeing people posting about the rear diff earth strap but I cannot for the life of me find it or any sign of one being there also people were saying about the brake light switch which I have hunted high and low in the drivers footwell with the casing off , the bracket is there but no switch , please someone help with the location of the earth strap or can I just put a new one on in a chosen location 

thanks 

Dan (desperate Dan 😂)

Welcome Dan,

A school of thought to consider:- 

Renewing the ABS sensor is fine. ( what brand did you use?)

The sensor is just that, it senses the signal from the wheel hub. I believe the sender (which the sensor receives it signal from) is integral with the hub, and it maybe this sender is at fault - and not the sensor. 
If that is the case, then a replacement hub will be needed. 
Febi hubs have been used to good effect. 
Perhaps you could keep us updated on developments. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I replaced the sensor and it erased the ABS code on OBD but I still have ESP and steering light on which I can’t seem to turn it off I’ve replaced loads of parts 

1 hour ago, Dan8p said:

I replaced the sensor and it erased the ABS code on OBD but I still have ESP and steering light on which I can’t seem to turn it off I’ve replaced loads of parts 

Loads of parts tells us nothing. Have you replaced the hub as Magnet suggestd?

No I haven’t replaced the hub , I replaced the ABS sensor the steering angle sensor , the haldex filter and pump , have been searching for this illusive earth strap for the rear diff with no avail , so would you suggest replacing the hub ? 
thanks

When I replaced the rear hub/abs sensor the steering angle light went off only after doing a lock to lock steer.

And esp light went off after a short drive.

Edited by Rybrook

18 minutes ago, Dan8p said:

No need to be !Removed! , I came in here for some advice not sarcastic replies 

You were given the same advice several times but ignored it, and now you complain of sarcasm. I think you owe Magnet an apology.

Thanks Cliff, but there is no need for Dan to apologise.

I guess it’s what we can expect to top it off when we sit here being a rapid and free source of advice. 
My turn to apologise to you Dan- I won’t be offering any further comments on your posts. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Rybrook said:

When I replaced the rear hub/abs sensor the steering angle light went off only after doing a lock to lock steer.

And esp light went off after a short drive.

Thank you for a decent response 

49 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Cliff, but there is no need for Dan to apologise.

I guess it’s what we can expect to top it off when we sit here being a rapid and free source of advice. 
My turn to apologise to you Dan- I won’t be offering any further comments on your posts. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Well I’m sorry but being asked if I have replaced it doesn’t recommend replacing it so I just wanted to be sure , thank you for your time 

1 hour ago, cliffcoggin said:

You were given the same advice several times but ignored it, and now you complain of sarcasm. I think you owe Magnet an apology.

I was asked if I had replaced it , that is a question ! Not advice