Parking sensors

Gordy123

Go to solution Solved by Gordy123,

Hi guys good to be here,looking for some help with parking sensors issue on my wife's car ,done a diagnostic scan and it gave me 2 codes,first one is 01547(centre right rear park assist sensor),2nd one is 01626(right front park assist sensor),so it needs 2 sensors?.Also does right sensor mean when your out the car looking at it or behind the wheel,if this makes sense,anybody any recommendations where to get the sensors cheap?,thanks again Gordon.

Thanks for joining Gordon. 
Right means when viewed from the rear - as RHD for example. 
Sensors:- I guess you know Audi will extract north of £110 from your wallet for one sensor. 
I bought a replacement off eBay a year or so back, and it even had the Audi part number ‘cast’ into it - less than £20. Initially fine, but doesn’t like wet weather! 
Time over again:- would pay a bit extra for a Valeo one. Any better in the long run??

Let us know how you get on Gordon..

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth,that makes sense now about the left and right lol,can you just remove the front wheel liner to get at the front sensor?,not looking forward to removing the rear bumper but will give it a go 👍

Thanks Gordon. Do you need to actually remove the rear bumper to get at the sensor? I did on our A3 since access would have been otherwise very difficult. Be prepared for a tussle with removing the electrical connector - well it was a headache on mine. Getting the sensor out of the bumper was less so. 
You going to spray yours before fitting? 
Front, and arch removal? Don’t know, you will just have to lay on your back and see what you can see, and get at. Would guess you would get away with arch liner removal, but….? 
Please let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Solution

All sorted , jacked up front wheel ,liner removed ,front sensor changed ,followed a video on YouTube for rear bumper removal ,FYI you can leave the 3 screws on opposite side wheel arch in place.I bought 2 sensors but the rear is different from the back had to slice a small peice of plastic away on inside of bumper with a Stanley knife but heho it still fitted ,I am not mechanically minded at all ,but all in all it was quite easy ,thanks again 👍👍

• Like 1