A5 limp mode no codes ??

joebinney89

Hello. Got an issue with my Audi A5 tfsi petrol 2017 petrol auto car. It went into limp mode when I was driving home from work, driving at slow speed, a warning light saying “max 2000 rpm” and then various other engine warning lights appeared, I forget what they were as it was pretty stressful driving in limp mode on a main road, I know one of them was “stop/start disabled”.  The car was vibrating really bad, making a loud chugging noise and I slight smell of burning plastic. It wouldn’t go over 15mph and had hardly any power and the rev meter was flying up and down.  I managed to get it home as it was only a short drive. Once I turned the engine off the fan was still blowing very hard for a long time. I left the car for afew hours and switched the ignition back on and zero warning lights came on. I called out the RAC to do a diagnostic and when they came the car started up fine, no strange noises or smells from the engine and no warning lights. They ran the diagnostic and numerous stored codes came up for a whole variety of issues. They told me to take the car for a 10 minute drive and really give it a good go to try and see if it goes into limp mode again. I did this and the car was running completely fine. When they did another diagnostic it showed zero fault codes ? So the RAC worker told me he can’t pin point the issue and there is nothing more he can do. So I’m now stuck with not knowing what is wrong with my car and also not wanting to drive the car as I don’t want to damage the engine and I don’t want to risk going into limp mode far from home. Any advice on what I could do ? These are the stored fault codes that originally came up on the diagnostic but didn’t reappear after I took it for a 10 minute drive. 

DTC: P050600,Idle Air Control System RPM Lower Than Expected

DTC: P154500,Electronic throttle control malfunction

DTC: P00B700,Engine Coolant Flow Low/Performance

DTC: P021900,Maximum revolution exceeded

DTC: P034100,Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

DTC: P001100,Camshaft setting "late" - bank 1; reference value not reached

DTC: P010600,Altitude sensor/manifold pressure; implausible signal 

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks 

Edited by joebinney89
Font too big