A4 B5 Auto Transmission Drive issues - Help Please

dildaxa

I need some help please?

I have a 1998 A4 B5 2.8 Quattro which I have owned for some 21 years, I have not had anything major go wrong on the car until earlier this year when I heard something snap whilst trying to move the gear selector to drive, now I can only put the car in P, R and N, when I move the selector to D or any of the forward gears (2,3 or 4) it does not engage the gears.
I managed to reverse the car into my garage but will not be able to drive her out.
I believe it may be the gear shift linkage (but some expertise would help), which only has access from below the car. I know the tranny is all okay as she has always drove smoothly and changed gears effortlessly, I also changed the tranny oil and filter last year.

Recently I have done a diagnostic and came up with the following results, some help in understanding what these codes are and which ones I should be concerned about please? I had to put as new battery on her which consequently thru up the airbag faults which I cannot now clear. after this test I did wipe the codes and then ran another test. The Shift Selector Locking Solenoid (N110) is working properly as is the brake light switch.

If I cannot repair this then I may have to look at parting with her, which would be a shame as she has been kept in great condition over my tenure with only 75k genuine miles. 

Some advice would be good if anyone has had a similar experience and even more if there is anyone local to Luton who may be able to help to remedy this issue please?

Test 1
Chassis Type: 8E - Audi A4/S4/RS4 B6/B7 (2001 > 2008)

Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 0F 11 15 16 17 18 25 36 37 45 46 55 56 57 65

67 69 75 76 77

Mileage: 119900km-74502miles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 01V-927-156.lbl

Part No: 8D0 927 156 BE

Component: AG5 01V 2.8l5V RdW 7803

Coding: 00000

Shop #: WSC 00000

VCID: 71EE4DEB3BBABDB6A2-4A3A

2 Faults Found:

01236 - Shift Selector Locking Solenoid (N110)

31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent

00526 - Brake Light Switch (F)

27-00 - Implausible Signal