squirrels and dealer in cahoots

Barney H

In February my check engine light came on.  I park my A3 in the driveway - garages are for woodworking, not cars.  Took the car to the dealership.  They gave me a loaner.  The next day, I got into the loaner, (another Audi, but an A5) and all the lights on the dash came on and said the car was not driveable.  I called the dealership who said that it looked like a squirrel had a nest in my A3.  Apparently the same squirrel tried to make a home in the loaner too.  I was charged $1100 to fix the wires the squirrel had eaten.  the loaner charge was over $3000.  On a side note, I caught the squirrel and put a beeper in the engine to keep other squirrels away.

Fast forward to the summer and I noticed that my A3 was overheating somewhat.  It got pretty bad and I had to blast the heat to keep the car from overheating.  Thank goodness for a convertible.  I took it back to the dealer who charged me another $1200 to replace some additional wires that the squirrel had eaten.  

Now it's September.  The check engine light came on and I noticed that I had no heat.  I returned to the dealership expecting them to fix what they broke.  Nope, they charged me $2900 to fix the thermostat and replace blower motors.  They claim there were faults on these things for the past few months.  

Does anyone know if I have any recourse?  I've never had a blower motor go on any of my cars in over 55 years.  When things that were working, stop working after a visit to the dealer, that is mighty suspicious.  I don't have more money than I know what to do with.  I won't go back to the dealer again, but there must be something else that I can do.