Broken or just missing? New Audi driver...

MacmanA4

Go to solution Solved by Magnet,

Hello, first post silly questions.  I just bought a used A4 Avant 1.4 TFSI. Flicking through the manual I see that it describes every extra option. I am not sure if my car has some of these features or not.

Wave your foot under rear bumper to open boot. Obviously I've tried and nothing happens. Is this s standard feature that I'm doing wrong? Or optional extra I don't have...

Similar, I see that one can trace or draw letters on top of the large flat MMI control knob to enter data. Mine remains stubbornly unresponsive. When does it work? 

I have installed the myAudi App on my iPhone. Bluetooth connects fine, Apple Carplay also great when wired, but I keep getting asked to insert a SIM Card into the car. Can the car use my iPhone to pull data down? There is a message to contact my Audi "Partner" to be set as owner of the vehicle.  I have emailed my local dealer but no response as yet.  I've been sent 2 of 3 

Driver Assist, it tells me to slow down, and it noticed the car in front stopped suddenly once, but what else does it do?  I thought it might have lane assist, but it lets me wander. Is it working?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Nick

• Solution

Hello Nick,

Handbooks cover all options, but the only way to establish what yours has and hasn’t got is to obtain a build record for it. 
A visit ( rather than e-mail) to your local dealers Parts Dept. might well come up with that if you talk nicely with them. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Take your V5 with you as proof of ownership in case needed. 

• Thanks 1