E-Tron Recall

Anton8

Go to solution Solved by Anton8,

HI

Just had a message on the Audi app for a recall on my GT. It is Campaign 82C9- Replacing high-voltage heater. Just wondering if anybody else has received this.

Tony

Thanks Steve

Haven't used the car for just over a week. went out today and the recall notice is plastered all over the MMI now.

Tony

Just had Audi on the phone telling me that my car has 4 recalls to be done. 2 of which they have never done before. They need the car for at least 3/4 days to complete these. So, date put back from the 7th to the 21st October so they can give me a courtesy car. Just makes you wonder what needs doing.

Tony

I think you should remember that is the point. The car is only a year old, the E-Tron GT model has only been in production for around 2.5 years so I would expect some mods. or tweeks to the vehicle. But saying that it does make you wonder what the recalls are. I will find out later this month.

Tony 

To my way of thinking a recall is an expensive process that implies something drastic, possibly dangerous, has been overlooked at the design or construction or inspection stages of the car's production. If the fault is not drastic or dangerous then it can wait until a scheduled service, and a recall is unnecessary.

1 hour ago, cliffcoggin said:

To my way of thinking a recall is an expensive process that implies something drastic, possibly dangerous, has been overlooked at the design or construction or inspection stages of the car's production. If the fault is not drastic or dangerous then it can wait until a scheduled service, and a recall is unnecessary.

Good point. As it's heater related in this case I wonder if there's a risk of fire? 

I just think the design and development of EVs has been rushed. Compared to hybrids which we've had since the late 1990s with the MK1 Prius. 

22 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I just think the design and development of EVs has been rushed. Compared to hybrids which we've had since the late 1990s with the MK1 Prius. 

You're right there. Complacency amongst Western manufacturers about the future of electric cars allowed Chinese companies to gain a technological advantage and a significant market share. The Westerners, spurred on by our decisions concerning climate change, are now scrambling to catch up with the Chinese and making mistakes in the process.

It's not inconceivable that some companies such as Ford will face financial ruin as a result of their decisions regarding EVs, but that whole subject is wildly off topic so I'll say no more here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2024 at 9:22 PM, Anton8 said:

HI

Just had a message on the Audi app for a recall on my GT. It is Campaign 82C9- Replacing high-voltage heater. Just wondering if anybody else has received this.

Tony

How did it go, Anton? Did you notice any difference?

Have the same notification in mine. Will contact Audi next week.

• Solution

Hi

Just taken the car into Audi South East for it's recalls and service inspection. The recalls are = 1. Replace high voltage heater. 2. Replace flexible brake hoses, 3. Computer upgrade. 4. MMI upgrade. Also no courtesy car supplied as I am too old for their insurance. Getting used to things being taken away from me this year.

Tony

1 hour ago, Anton8 said:

Hi

Just taken the car into Audi South East for it's recalls and service inspection. The recalls are = 1. Replace high voltage heater. 2. Replace flexible brake hoses, 3. Computer upgrade. 4. MMI upgrade. Also no courtesy car supplied as I am too old for their insurance. Getting used to things being taken away from me this year.

Tony

Glad it's been sorted. Did they say why the heater needed to be changed. The flexy hoses is a worry too. 

Too old for a courtesy car?! Surely that's a hate crime on age grounds? 

Against the human rights act 1998 and equality act 2010. 

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Glad it's been sorted. Did they say why the heater needed to be changed. The flexy hoses is a worry too. 

Too old for a courtesy car?! Surely that's a hate crime on age grounds? 

Against the human rights act 1998 and equality act 2010. 

Not sure why the heater is being changed, but they said that there has been a few instances of the brake hosed cracking.