Loosing coolant but no leak after pressure test

Hi all new here..

My head is totally gone so was loosing coolant without any leaks visible had a new belt and pump fitted was working great for a week and seems to go again had a new seal popped on the expansion tank was ok for a day or so then came back up on screen we have had a pressure test no signs of leaks when I open the the expansion tank the pressure brings the coolant straight back up also had a head gasket test and stayed the same colour no over heating am all out of options any help would be great 

1 hour ago, Michael r said:

Hi all new here..

My head is totally gone so was loosing coolant without any leaks visible had a new belt and pump fitted was working great for a week and seems to go again had a new seal popped on the expansion tank was ok for a day or so then came back up on screen we have had a pressure test no signs of leaks when I open the the expansion tank the pressure brings the coolant straight back up also had a head gasket test and stayed the same colour no over heating am all out of options any help would be great 

Hi it could well be the thermostat playing about the flow will be the same because of the bypass system if its only partially opening it may cause steam which vents through the expansion cap on the expansion tank.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve is that the thermostat housing your on about a was talking to a lad he said could be that matrix heater or have a air lock in the system and to flush it as heating comes on hot then cold... But yeah someone did say that the thermostat could be staying open rather then open/close 

4 minutes ago, Michael r said:

Hi Steve is that the thermostat housing your on about a was talking to a lad he said could be that matrix heater or have a air lock in the system and to flush it as heating comes on hot then cold... But yeah someone did say that the thermostat could be staying open rather then open/close 

Hi sounds like a thermostat from the symptoms you describe, its a pretty straight forward change I doubt the heater matrix wants flushing but it certainly wont do any harm.

Steve

Ah smashing I have done everything apart from that going to give the engine a flush and get this fitted next weekend and pray it works its the pd engine people say there bomb proof am really doubting it now lol