Audi A1 Lane Assist

I have an Audi A1 2019 and the lane assist has came off. Gone into the Audi Dealership and they are saying it is a £2,000 job for the camera and the recalibration. Any idea of how I could get this cheaper. 

And is lane assist needed for a windscreen repair? 

17 minutes ago, Olly Turner said:

I have an Audi A1 2019 and the lane assist has came off. Gone into the Audi Dealership and they are saying it is a £2,000 job for the camera and the recalibration. Any idea of how I could get this cheaper. 

And is lane assist needed for a windscreen repair? 

Hi if you ever get the screen replaced you would have to get the camera re calibrated the whole system is rubbish as even in the summer if the screen area around the lens gets dusty it comes up with lane assist unavailable, then when you clean the screen it comes back, if I were you I would turn the thing off every time I drive, when I bought my new cab this year it came with a new certificate of calibration, lucky me is all it ever does is keep yanking the steering every time you cross the white line to overtake a parked car or when it really goes nuts is approaching a roundabout with graded cross hatch lines for lane control to filter left or right, if I thought for one minute that my driving would rely on this I would hand my licence back and buy a push bike, the cheapest route, is forget about it.

Steve.