Audi Convertible Roof - Warranty issues

Hi All

I'm new here but thought it would be helpful to see if I'm the only customer with Audi warranties.

I purchased my 3rd Audi S5 Convertible from new in 2018 including the extended 5 year warranty with a list price of over £60k. I do need to say that the car itself has been fantastic and the only downside of ownership has been warranty claims. 

After around 2 years I started to notice non-standard wear on the offside of the roof near the rear window which is always the first place convertibles start wearing. I contacted Audi Tamworth where I purchase the car from to get it repaired under warranty and they said I would have to pay £8700 or contact Audi UK to support any claim. I then contacted Audi UK who is it was solely down to the dealers discretion. 

I tried a second dealer in Nottingham who also had the same stance. 

Audi UK suggested I went through the Motoring Ombudsman which I did, it took over 12 months and after multiple mistakes (they said it was out of warranty at two years old)  they ended up supporting Audi Tamworth / UK. I've now given both Audi UK and Jardine Motors Group one final chance to put this right.

The facts

• The vehicle had ceramic coating and roof protection from new. 
  • It was never pressure washed, I even use the 3 bucket system 🙂
  • My only interaction with the roof was pressing the but to open/close
  • All convertibles wear, but we also have a VW Beetle convertible with over double the miles where the roof is still as-new.
  • It's only worn on one side and even after over 6 years the other side is still unworn.
  • It was purchased with a 5 year warranty and less than 3 years old when presented to Audi for repair

My question is, have any of you had similar issues?

RoofOffside2.thumb.jpg.856a31b11a29aa7733a6db33bd673f5a.jpgRoofOffside.thumb.jpg.19c79ed36adc13dd942673c4003a2ebb.jpgRoofNearside.thumb.jpg.40968c5c307c0bfec5717bf1ad3d1a86.jpg