Rough Idle, jerky 2nd gear and stalling 1st gear when rollin

neverlack

Hi guys. So I have had a couple problems with my 2011 Audi A4 sline. Whenever I am idle, the car shakes and the rpm needle will dance between 900-1000. The car is also very jerky in 2nd gear when rolling, and in 1st gear it stalls. The shaking wasn't so bad at all for the past month. Took it to different mechanics on 4 different occasions. They plugged a computer in and had 0 faults. Couple days ago, I called my usual mechanic to ask him to at the very least inspect my injectors. He said I have nothing to worry about again. Today when driving back I experienced the problems above. Car was serviced 1000km ago so it's not a matter of filters or old oil etc. If anyone has anything to help it would be greatly appreciated, thank you !

It certainly sounds as if it is not firing on all cylinders. The usual culprit would be the injectors, but the absence of an error code puzzles me.

How many miles has the car done? Does it drink an excessive amount of oil? Is the exhaust smokey?

26 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

It certainly sounds as if it is not firing on all cylinders. The usual culprit would be the injectors, but the absence of an error code puzzles me.

How many miles has the car done? Does it drink an excessive amount of oil? Is the exhaust smokey?

Thanks for the reply! The car has 269.000km (145.000miles i believe). Oil is always fine, and the exhaust is perfect. I was suspecting a vacuum leak or a faulty MAF sensor, or PCV valve. I have taken it to the mechanic today for an in-depth check, it has been 7 hours since and no update so I'm hoping it's nothing too serious... 

4 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

I got a call back from my mechanic, he pinned it down to either the fuel pressure regulator or/and sensor. I was thinking either MAF, throttle body or pcv. I'll find out more tomorrow when he does further testing

• Like 1