Audi A3 8v 2.0tdi help pleaseeee

richdot

37k miles this car has covered spent a fortune on the heap since I've had it in may this year. It's a 2.0 TDI crlb engine code. DSG 6 speed had it serviced, had timing belt kit and water pump done with alternator belt & tensioner . Engine serviced. Front and rear discs and pads. 4 new tyres. I noticed a clicking noise front n/s when pumping the tyres up and was advised flywheel so had that replaced and also had the dpf gutted and egr and egr cooler coded out with a stage one at the same time.

But..... I still have some sort of strange noise on a cold startup at idle. The noise does not go away shifting from P to N also turned off climate control as I thought it might off been that. Any ideas? I hope it's not a bad bearing in the gearbox?

Edited by richdot

Not being funny but Yiu e bought a 10 year old Audi. Any car 10 years or older will need work. The list of brakes, cambelt, tyres is all routine maintenance. No matter how cheap a German car is to buy, parts are always expensive. 

Flywheel more unusual, but dpf and egr cooler issues are well documented on vag cars. But as you've had them blanked out they should no longer be a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Not being funny but Yiu e bought a 10 year old Audi. Any car 10 years or older will need work. The list of brakes, cambelt, tyres is all routine maintenance. No matter how cheap a German car is to buy, parts are always expensive. 

Flywheel more unusual, but dpf and egr cooler issues are well documented on vag cars. But as you've had them blanked out they should no longer be a problem. 

Yeah I expect that but not issues with the gearbox if it still is the gearbox ..

7 hours ago, richdot said:

Yeah I expect that but not issues with the gearbox if it still is the gearbox ..

With dsg gearboxes servicing is key. Has it been serviced regularly? If not recently then I'd change the gearbox oil first. Id Also recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up 

25 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

With dsg gearboxes servicing is key. Has it been serviced regularly? If not recently then I'd change the gearbox oil first. Id Also recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up 

Been serviced yes and no fault codes