Audi a7 2013 Trunk won't close with a button

D0vydas

Hello, having problem with my audi a7 2013 trunk. I can open it from inside with a button, or using keyfob just fine, but I am having a problem closing it, pressing the close button on the trunk only beeps and does nothing else. I have to close it by hand, and i feel a little bit of resistance closing it this way. Tried to scan with a computer, but it doesn't show any fault codes. Can someone suggest something that might fix this issue? Thanks.

If there's resistance I wonder if the car thinks there's something blocking the mechanism or boot latch (even if there isn't). Similar to an anti trap feature. 

Might be worth inspecting all parts of the system for any trapped foliage etc. 

I remember a member once having an issue struggling with their A3 convertible roof not working and it was because a shoe had got trapped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I remember a member once having an issue struggling with their A3 convertible roof not working and it was because a shoe had got trapped. 

How does one get a shoe trapped in the roof?

No, don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question.

6 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

How does one get a shoe trapped in the roof?

No, don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question.

The op got a shoe stuck behind the seat which jammed the mechanism at the back of the roof. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2024 at 10:01 PM, Steve Q said:

Keep us posted on how you get on 

Hello, I was a little busy the last few weeks, but today had some time and disassembled the boot. Everything looks fine, don't see anything stuck.

Not sure what else could it be. Might be the issue with the struts, but if it is would the trunk even open if they are bad? Will do a test tomorrow, take the struts out and try closing the trunk, if i feel the resistance even with the struts out, might be an issue somewhere else.