Front Parking Buzzer

Pandalorian

Hi there. I was wondering if I could get some guidance. 

Scan shows my front buzzer has an open circuit/short. I have the part. I'm more trying to track down the location on a 2011 Q5. Have seen an array of different possibles... 

And then... the easiest way to access said location lol. Have seen a few images through Google.. but they all come with different methods and locations. 

Thanks so much in advance!! 

1 hour ago, Pandalorian said:

Hi there. I was wondering if I could get some guidance. 

Scan shows my front buzzer has an open circuit/short. I have the part. I'm more trying to track down the location on a 2011 Q5. Have seen an array of different possibles... 

And then... the easiest way to access said location lol. Have seen a few images through Google.. but they all come with different methods and locations. 

Thanks so much in advance!! 

Hi are we talking the control unit or one of the sensors?, does it show the distance bars on the MMI.

Steve.

Just now, Stevey Y said:

Hi are we talking the control unit or one of the sensors?, does it show the distance bars on the MMI.

Steve.

Hi there. It's one of the 2 internal buzzers. I know there is one on the rear pillar over the tail light. And there is a front one around the dash under the steering wheel area. But various sources have that located in a few places. 

It's stopped my whole parking assist system from working. 

5 minutes ago, Pandalorian said:

Hi there. It's one of the 2 internal buzzers. I know there is one on the rear pillar over the tail light. And there is a front one around the dash under the steering wheel area. But various sources have that located in a few places. 

It's stopped my whole parking assist system from working. 

Hi unfortunately this has always been a problem with Audis from year to year they change the site of modules and as in my case you just play chase the Ace with all the suggested locations, you will need a good trim removal kit and patience, sorry I can't be more precise.

Steve.

9 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi unfortunately this has always been a problem with Audis from year to year they change the site of modules and as in my case you just play chase the Ace with all the suggested locations, you will need a good trim removal kit and patience, sorry I can't be more precise.

Steve.

No worries. Will start with the easier option and try my luck lol

2 minutes ago, Pandalorian said:

No worries. Will start with the easier option and try my luck lol

I wish you luck, but with a good torch and an eye for the part number and the right shape it wont be to difficult just time consuming.

Steve.

6 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

I wish you luck, but with a good torch and an eye for the part number and the right shape it wont be to difficult just time consuming.

Steve.

Cheers lol. 

I know what it looks like. Knowing my luck it's in the worst possible position. 

Will do what I can to document it for others 

• Thanks 1