A6 C6 Avant 3.0L TDI Quattro Le Mans - diesel injector pump

David McMillan

Was out and about with window wound down, started to hear a dieselly like noise on acceleration from low revs that disappeared once above 2000rpm. Parked, got back in and turned over easily but not catching. No codes or engine warning light. Has anybody replaced the diesel injector pump in a 2007 A6 C6 Avant 3.0TDI quattro Le Mans? What's involved and likely cost? Is it an exchange item? Motor done 145,000 miles.

Edited by David McMillan

18 minutes ago, David McMillan said:

Was out and about with window wound down, started to hear a dieselly like noise on acceleration from low revs that disappeared once above 2000rpm. Parked, got back in and turned over easily but not catching. No codes or engine warning light. Has anybody replaced the diesel injector pump in a 2007 A6 C6 Avant 3.0TDI quattro Le Mans? What's involved and likely cost? Is it an exchange item? Motor done 145,000 miles.

Hi absent any codes why do you suspect the pump, I would get the fuel pressure checked first, both from the lift tank up to HPFP and then to the rail, what did you scan for codes with.

Steve.

Hi Stevey, Thanks for replying. Sorry my post is unclear, I don't have a code reader hence I had no codes to offer up. I appreciate that that is essential to understand the source of problem in the first intance and it could be caused by any number of components. I have now arranged to get car to the garage later today.