RS6 servicing

Thrubwell

Hi, I recently bought an RS6 with 68,000 miles on the clock. I want to give it a major service. Within five miles of where I live I am fortunate in having a main dealer and two independent Audi garages. One of the independents is run by two guys in their early thirties who, whilst they have serviced my RS4, I don’t have total confidence in, although I have no real reason to feel that way about them, other than their youth.   The other independent I have more confidence in , indeed I let him service both my RS4 and my Bentley Continental GTC.    However, his workshop is horrendously untidy and full of old VAG cars.   Not only that but the lane to his workshop is very badly pot holed and heavily used by very large lorries that pass within inches of any cars parked on the road which my cars often have been.

Re the main dealer. When I gave them my RS6 for some small bodywork job, they gave the car a Free Health Check and discovered numerous small faults. These faults were identified to me in a video they sent me . I showed this to a pal who is a retired highly experienced motor engineer. He stated that none of the faults were serious and could be dealt with in the fullness of time.   Apart from the cost of main dealer servicing, I am concerned if they pressurise me to have any/all of the work done that was identified in the Free Health Check.

Any suggestions as to who I give the RS6 to for a service would be hugely appreciated.

My choice would always be an independent Audi garage whenever possible. Not only are they generally more interested, more reliable, and more knowledgable, they are often cheaper.

To put it more bluntly. Do you want to deal with the man with dirty hands who knows what he is talking about, or a clueless bimbo reading a computer screen?

Never feel pressured to have work done at main dealers. Id go with an Audi independent for sure. I appreciate your opinion on the youths however, they might have been working in Audi on more modern stuff whereas the other garage might have been dealing with vag cars in main dealers years ago if that makes sense.