Brakes eating through discs!

Josh1988a4

Hi everyone.

so I have a problem with my brakes….

I am now on my third set of discs in two years. Whilst braking the car vibrates violently, mostly when around the 30mph area 

I have had two different mechanics check my front callipers both of them cannot find any problem with them. 

On the latest change of discs (Bosch drilled) I have not been sitting with my foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights as I know now this causes problems but two months later after the third change the vibrations are back!

when the discs are changed the vibration goes away then after maybe 2 months it’s back again. 

literally at my wits end with it now, if anyone has experienced the same or can shed any info that would be great. Thankyou 👍🏼

Josh. 2.0 TFSI Quattro B7

31 minutes ago, Josh1988a4 said:

Hi everyone.

so I have a problem with my brakes….

I am now on my third set of discs in two years. Whilst braking the car vibrates violently, mostly when around the 30mph area 

I have had two different mechanics check my front callipers both of them cannot find any problem with them. 

On the latest change of discs (Bosch drilled) I have not been sitting with my foot on the brake pedal at traffic lights as I know now this causes problems but two months later after the third change the vibrations are back!

when the discs are changed the vibration goes away then after maybe 2 months it’s back again. 

literally at my wits end with it now, if anyone has experienced the same or can shed any info that would be great. Thankyou 👍🏼

Josh. 2.0 TFSI Quattro B7

Hi is it both sides?, most common cause of this is the callipers not releasing fully due to the rubber hoses that run from the metal pipe to the calliper collapsing and not allowing all the fluid to return properly, this phenomenon is usually caused by lack of brake fluid changes, brake fluid is hydroscopic and absorbes water which in turn rots out just about everything in the braking system, calliper cylinders, brake hoses being the prime target.

Steve.

Hi Steve 

yes mate it’s both sides. 

Ok so the hoses could be a factor then…that’s interesting, would someone be able to identify this easily, I’m just trying to make sense why two mechanics couldn’t find a problem.