Advice on spare parts suppliers

HAK

I have a S4 4.2 ltr cabriolet delivered in Australia 2007 and have been told by knowledgeable mechanic that it is a bit of a B6 B7 crossover. I am looking to find parts suppliers who are likely to have less common parts. Currently I am trying to find the electric motor use to adjust the head light. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Hugh 

Welcome Hugh, and thanks for joining. 
Apologies in advance for the probable negative response, but I think it’s going to be difficult for the (predominantly U.K.) forum to come up with suggestions for you. 
We have motor factors in the U.K., who supply aftermarket parts at substantially lower prices than the main dealer. Do you have such outlets in Australia, and if so, are they accessible to non-trade individuals? 
If so, obviously use those. I buy most of my parts through eBay sellers, and I guess you will also have access to those suppliers -? 

Secondhand parts:- we have car breakers, and have linked on-line searches where you can input your ‘want’ and breakers who have the part, contact you direct. Do you have similar systems there? 
Perhaps you could come back to us Hugh. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the welcome and your suggestions.

In reference to your mention of motor factors. if there are multiple after market suppliers I would appreciate the names or links to their sites as we have limited options for European vehicles in Australia.

As for second-hand parts, they may be a last resort particularly for electrics as I feel there is a high probability of them having the same issues. If not now then in the near future.