Audi A3 1.9 TDI Cabriolet 2014 67,000 miles

Just had the timing belt and water pump replaced as I was led to believe 5 years or 60,000 mile it was last done in 2014 and has now done 67,000 mile and it is 5 years . Audi have informed me now the 5 year rule has gone and you change it at 140,000 mile which is true 

You'd be mad to let it go over 5 years. Just had mine done on my 8 year old ford Kuga which was originally 10 year interval and belt was already cracking badly. 

Hello Lance,

You obviously haven’t searched and read the numerous posts on this subject in recent months. 
Perhaps you could do so, and let us have a decision on what you then intend to do. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I’ve actually had the work done but feel I may not have needed to the reason I haven’t been on the website lately is due to my wife been very ill !!!

Hi Steve I agree but that information of timing belt and water pump change is now 140,000 miles not 60,000 or 5years and this came from main dealership in Erdington BIrmingham Jardine Motors main Audi Dealership

43 minutes ago, Lance Evans said:

Hi Steve I agree but that information of timing belt and water pump change is now 140,000 miles not 60,000 or 5years and this came from main dealership in Erdington BIrmingham Jardine Motors main Audi Dealership

Sorry to hear about your wife. I still think you've done the right thing of having it done. Better safe than sorry in my opinion.