Prospective new owner with economy question

CamV6

Now, I know from 18 years past experience in a MK1 TTV6 that the words Audi and economy rarely feature together in any sentence that doesn’t also include many expletives, but……..

I’m currently in a late 2023 Škoda Kodiaq L&K 2l TSI, but am seriously considering swapping into a brand new Q7 50 Tdi MHEV Black Edition.

I’ve never owned or run a diesel before so it’d be whole new caper for me.

Can you folk please advise and help me out to better understand the following ….

1. Realistically, what sort of MPG can I actually expect to see around town, combined, and on a long motorway run out of this 50 Tdi Mhev? I know the figures Audi quote but I’m no sucker for all that guff.  I’m used to driving conservatively to save fuel BTW.

2. Would I need to use premium diesel or isnthere no real benefit over the regular?

3. What sort of oil consumption can I expect? 

4. Addblue. I’ve literally zero knowledge or experience of it. How much does the stuff cost, how big is the addblue tank and  how long does it last?

5. Never had any sort of electric or Hybrid car. Only ever petrol, so far. What does MHEV do and how does it work in terms of adding economy?

all and any responses or other general advice and opinions will be gladly received 

Edited by CamV6