Can you view your UTR on your phone when not in car

Audi Q6-Etron

Hi All,

Can I ask, is it possible to view your UTR camera setup when your not in the car.

I can only view the cameras when in the car with the car switched on.

I have the Audi data plan and even when paired to this I still can not view the cameras with the car switched off.

Any advise would be appreciated.

I dont think you can. From the info I've got from Audi: 

When the ignition is switched off, the UTR automatically switches to "Parking mode", in which the vehicle is monitored by radar and G-Sensor. If a person approaches your vehicle or if your vehicle experiences a physical impact, the camera is activated and records the action in a short video. 

When the Audi Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR) is in Parking mode, it monitors the car's battery and energy requirements and turns off when the limit is reached. This helps to conserve the battery and keep the car operational. 

The UTR records a 20-second sequence if it detects motion or vibrations in front of the radar sensors. If the recording is triggered by vibrations, it's saved in the "Event" folder on the SD card. If it's triggered by motion, it's saved in the "Parking" folder. 

The UTR is a recording device with a full HD camera that can be installed in the front or rear of an Audi. The UTR App can be used with the UTR to manage data, live view, adjust the recorder's settings, and use the car finder function. 

Thank you for your reply.

A lot of good then if the car is stolen and you want to recover images and video.

Especially when all the other manufactures cameras have this option and the Audi has a data plan that could easily again be used.

Edited by Audi Q6-Etron

7 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I could be wrong. And I'd definitely recommend speaking to Audi to doubly confirm. 

I tried but they were unsure which was not much help.

They just said read the manual but the manual is not great.

6 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Well it's not good if Audi don't know. I'm still thinking you can't from the previous research I've done 

I agree, strange why Audi would setup there cameras to be unusable unless your in the car.

Still nothing surprises me anymore.