ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT! PLEASE HELP

J55RDD

Hello I am new to this but desperate for help, sorry if there is already a post about this!

I have got a 2009 a3 black edition 2.0 diesel!

The problem is when on a motorway mainly, just cruiseing the engine management light flashes and it goes into limp mode with no power! I have to turn the car off and back on again and it will be fine then happen again soon after! I have had the DPF Light on before but did the recommended drive to clear that but this coil light won't stop!

I have had it plugged in before and it said something to do with boost pressure! But no one can actually tell me what I need to change they just give me a list of things that it could be! I don't really want to go about change in them all!

I have read a few post on google and similar problems with other cars have been fixed with fuel filters, and other things being changed! Has anyone else had this problem who could help me in what to change as I really don't want to change things that I don't need to wasting money!

I am desperate to get this fixed but don't want to spend a fortune on things I don't need to change!

Any help will be much appreciated

Hi Jordan, welcome to the club  :)

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your A3.

It's pretty difficult to give any kind of diagnosis without specific fault codes, but from what you've said regarding boost pressure, I've heard of it before where the turbo actuator doesn't open fully, and the turbo pressure sensor picks this up throwing the fault.

There is an electrical connection that goes into the actuator. I would try wiggling/cleaning this to see if it is the culprit. If so, once cleaned the actuator should open fully allowing full boost pressure and no faults (plus the correct amount of power  :) ).

As I said, this is just an educated guess but may be worth a look! Let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

Hi Jordan, welcome to the club  :)

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your A3.

It's pretty difficult to give any kind of diagnosis without specific fault codes, but from what you've said regarding boost pressure, I've heard of it before where the turbo actuator doesn't open fully, and the turbo pressure sensor picks this up throwing the fault.

There is an electrical connection that goes into the actuator. I would try wiggling/cleaning this to see if it is the culprit. If so, once cleaned the actuator should open fully allowing full boost pressure and no faults (plus the correct amount of power  :) ).

As I said, this is just an educated guess but may be worth a look! Let us know how you get on.

Thank you for your reply, I will look into the actuator and see if that is the problem! I am going to take it to the garage on Monday and get it plugged in so I will hopefully have a fault code for you!

I have spoke to the garage and he thinks it is something to do with the DPF! I am gonna get the fault codes and go from there! Will look into the actuator first!

Will let you no once I have got the codes and see if you can help Amy more!

Again thanks for your reply

No worries, yes the actuator plug is well worth taking a look at anyway, and yes feel free to post up again when you have some codes  :)

Good luck and fingers crossed you get it sorted soon and can carry on enjoying the car!