First time Audi owner

Turbotroll

Hello folks,

Bought my first Audi about 3 months ago, and I must say that I love it.  Saw it at a local garage, not knowing anything about specs nor having driven an Audi before.  It is a 2011 A6 Avant 2.0TDi 170CR S-Line Special Edition with the anthracite grey 19" wheels, full main dealer service history with 74k miles. 

I part exchanged a 13-plate Mondeo estate which I had for 2 years which was a great car but I wanted something a bit more 'up market'.  Having come from a Saab background (and still do), the Audi to me feels very similar to what I'm used to (offset pedals, comfortable seats etc).  The only area where it falls down is the foot rest for your clutch foot is too far forward.  As a result, it took about a week to find a comfortable driving position.

I've been looking into having the car remapped.  205bhp seems to be the normal for Stg1 but also read online that once torque is around 300 ft/lbs, the clutch starts to give up.  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

I'm more of a lurker on forums so I will be about but post occasionally.

Cheers!

Hi Scott...welcome to the Forum

Welcome also to the wonderful world of Audi!

I would imagine if you enhance the power beyond the recommended limits, then something has to give and in the case of large bursts of power through the transmission then the standard clutch will more than likely suffer as a result.

Look forward to reading your posts in the future.

Cheers  Trevor