CAN BUS problem potentially

Greg

Issue was with audio head turning on and off intermittently and affecting the after fit Bluetooth phone kit etc 

decided to fit new head PIONEER DP120 but the advice I got was as follows after fit

NOTE.   The unit occasionally would not operate as did the OE system. Test can 

wires and see that the “Can High” cable showed no activity. When activity

randomly reappeared, the head unit sprung into life. It is likely there is a 

corroded connection or cable in the vehicle somewhere.            

Auto electrician has asked for a wiring diagram to investigate further , does anyone have one or any other advice ?

cheers

Hi Greg

It sounds like there is some sort of issue with the CanBus system randomly kicking out the audio system but that could be due to either the aftermarket head unit or Bluetooth kit interfering with the system.

Try getting a copy of ElsaWin, it is the VW, Audi Tech Data system pretty much available from anywhere like eBay or to download.

Let us know how you get on with it

the problem occurred with the original head , but this did have the afterfit bluetooth and audio kit to play iPod through the 6cd changer screen (although none fitted) and continues with the new head and the bluetooth and audio removed.

i will look to find the ElsaWin, though when i had a quick look earlier it was win based (no surprise with the name) and I am totally IOS/OS at home :(

• Like 1