Hey all

Audi8p

Hey all, my name's mark I have a Audi a3 8p 2003 1.6 petrol, 

I'm from Sheffield and just wanted to say a hello to fellow Audi owners,

I've recently been banned for blowing over after a night out, didn't leave it long enough :wine: 

Since been banned the Audi has had all its interior stripped out, the exhaust cut off, reason been is im making a little van of the rear for me and my dogs as there killing the interior, and the exhaust iv purchased 2 lengths of stainless steel 2.5" my father's a teacher in engineering and is replicating the standard exhaust out of it to my inox car stainless back box  it has 20mm spacers on the rear and 15mm on the front, still need a decent set of wheels and the face lift front end but it's getting there, it's also had new rings and valves and stem seals new crank bearings and shells ect so once complete and I get licence back it should be ready for may years of motoring, but my god it's had its problems :yes:

Hi Mark...welcome to the Forum

Sorry to hear about your ban...that's the problem with driving the next day, I know it's a big problem actually knowing how much alcohol is left in your system and it could essentially catch most people out I would think.

Good luck with your car, at least it will give you something to focus on and give you something to do. Keep us updated with progress, be nice to see some pictures as it evolves.

Cheers  Trevor

• Like 1

Hi Mark

Welcome to the forum!

Shame about your ban, I've had a few times where after a night out i was about to drive or atleast thinking of driving but then I've stopped myself. but can see how easy it is to get in the car after a night out.

keep us updated on all the work you're doing with your car and everything :)

Regards

Bradley

• Like 2

On 13/02/2017 at 10:37 AM, Trevor said:

I see an MG ZR lurking in the background...nice !

That zr mate I paid £70 for the shell some one was scrapping and built it from scratch the wiring harness everything full running gear engine and box and the paint job it has a 1.4 k series twin cam engine with Piper high lift cams 1.8 lotus 56 mm throttle body 1.6 head polished and ported 1.6 pistons and liners Piper 4-2-1 manifold straight piped to back bumper lowered 45 mm all round stage 1 map 1.8 injectors 300mm vented front discs and a rear vvc 160mm disc break conversion it's like a go cart, there was a free space on a dyno day one of lads didn't show so I lobbed that on n it did 147 at the wheels, still tho after all that it is still a rover 😎 EDIT also has a ally lotus inlet manifold and injector rail 

On 13/02/2017 at 9:12 AM, Brad-B5 said:

Look's good, you going to get new alloys? :)

Regards

Bradley

Yeah there the next on the list now the spacers are on I do really like these ones but there tiny 

• Like 2

I used to own an MG Rover garage a few years ago and love my Rovers (but don't tell too many people!)

My favourite one was a 200 'BRM' and is still in the list in my 'ten car garage' .  Also used to own a 200 'Tomcat' Turbo which I modded....went like **** off a shovel.

The ZR sounds like a great fun car :yahoo:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trevor said:

I used to own an MG Rover garage a few years ago and love my Rovers (but don't tell too many people!)

My favourite one was a 200 'BRM' and is still in the list in my 'ten car garage' .  Also used to own a 200 'Tomcat' Turbo which I modded....went like **** off a shovel.

The ZR sounds like a great fun car :yahoo:

Yeah its a really fun car which is what it was built for, 😀 I'd love a BRM they stand out amongst the rover range with there orange mouth!! The Tomcat conversions are a must with any rover modder i have a friend who's got a rover metro gti with a Tomcat turbo engine its insane the handling isn't great but in a straight line its awsom, sat at 70 on motorway in 5th put foot down and it spins up 😂 i'v also got a 1.4 gti twin cam its rotten as s#*t but that's a summer project, I applied for a job recently at a rover dealer ship have to drop my CV in then n hope for the best, iv applied at college as well as my dad's an engineer and wants me to do it as well, not doing much at moment iv fractured my ankle in 2 places and done the tendents so bed rest 🤒 orderd thenew wheels tho so that's something and some more pipe for my homemade stainless exhaust and some tips lol soon as I'm mobile I'll start n update the thread or make another lol shame you still haven't got the BRM great little cars the 200's

• Like 1