Help needed with damaged A3 sportback 2.0

Jmanji

Hi guys, bought a 2008 A3, has had a front end crash, impact was on passenger side above the metal crash bar so it has smashed the plastic front panel and pushed the radiator back.

only got the car delivered yesterday and it looked ok and fairly straight forward to repair lol.

i knew the coolant was gone as it had probably drained away after the accident but today I took a pipe off the rad and to my surprise a small amount of engine oil dripped out there was not a drop of coolant , I thought that's it head gasket blown etc but then I checked the empty expansion tank and it's perfectly clean with a tiny drop of clean coolant inside also the oil cap is normal with no creamy build up? Could the oil have got there from the oil cooler  wing damaged after the accident or is there another way for oil to get in the coolant system? There also seems to be a bit of oil around the coolant hose pipes

I hope you guys can help ??????3"

will post some pics up soon 

As said here is some pics, aslo noticed a lot of oil around the what looks like the  oil or water pump? Can anyone confirm that from one of the pics ? I'm not a mechanic but love having a go. I have a feeling that's where the oil has come from.

last pic is of what I have stripped  got a new rad pack and slam panel ready to go on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So my first thoughts were its he turbo, then my son said its on the other side but looking at the pic it is the turbo that has maybee leaked oil into the coolant hose??

anyone have any input or spares 

Well finally I worked it out lol!!!

its the f**ing intercooler pipes, not used to working on turbo cars so did not occur to me, at least e wry tho g now looks OK to continue with the repairs

• Like 1