Cam belt. 2.0 Tdi

Joe Cott

Hi all, I've not had the car for a week yet but think it's absolutely brilliant!

I'm slowly getting into all the functions & buttons etc. It's my first diesel for 20 years & the engine/DSG box combination is sublime :yahoo:

The car has full service history but cannot find a record of the cam belt change among the ream of paperwork.

it's a 2008 2.0 Tdi auto cabrio (80000 miles) & my question is should the belt have been changed as routine by Audi & if not then what is the suggested mileage change?

I haven't looked that close at the engine yet but assume the water pump is on the same belt, so should that be replaced as well as the belt?

any suggestions gratefully received as I am an Audi virgin :lol:

PS :- alway done our own servicing so hoping it's possible stiill, but that's another question time 

Hey Joe, is the service history from Audi? 

If so Audi will have a record of it so you can ring them and check :) 

and your correct the waterpump needs to be changed at the same time as the belt :) oh and I believe the belt should be changed around 80k. 

Cheers

steve

perfect answer, many thanks Steve

all audi service except very recent so will contact them; can I ask any audi dealer for the info or is there a central point? sorry if i ask probably obvious  questions but.....  :-)

joe

Your most welcome :)

Is it a 1 owner car from new? 

If so, chances are it's been serviced at the main dealer who supplied the car in the first place. They would be my first port of call :)